Discussions >> hard rock
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 14 July 2012 - 11:12:07

Saturday 14 July 2012 - 11:26:24

Sunday 15 July 2012 - 11:34:33
I am certainly a Classic Rock fan, as it is what I grew up with. The late 1960s through the mid-1970s are what I would call "The Golden Era". Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull are just a few of the great bands that formed in the 60s and carried over into the 70s, with the addition of other fine bands such as Bad Company, Aerosmith, Montrose and many others. I would agree that most of today's bands simply lack the innovation and imagination of those groups, But, it is a generational concept as well. Each age group has their heroes and their particular idea of what constitutes good Rock. Naturally, over time, the Rock sound has splintered into a great many sub-genres. The music of today's kids will eventually be viewed as "quaint" or "out-of-date" by the following generation. It has always been so.

Personally, I enjoy all types of music: from Classical to Rock and from Folk to Metal, and everything in between. However, I cannot forget the music that I grew up with.

Wednesday 29 August 2012 - 01:17:57
You've got real good Taste in music.  I like most of the bands that you were talking about.   Particularly Aerosmith, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd.  I'm an old school rocker, so I go for the nostalgic stuff myself.

Saturday 16 April 2022 - 19:19:59

I like all genres of music, including punk rock.