Discussions about Music >> What is your favourite genre of rock?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 10 October 2011 - 08:38:54
The title says it all, which Rock genre is your favourite?

Monday 10 October 2011 - 08:53:41
Mine is out of Punk rock/emo (I don't know what people use that term but meh), Grunge and post-rock.

Punk Rock and Grunge has been one of my favourite Rock genres since I Can remember. I grew up listening to many bands from both Grunge and punk/emo sectors. Originally bands such as Foo Fighters, Silverchair and Powder Finger took my fancy. Then after a few years (being all cool like I am now) I started listening to the likes of Papa Roach, Fallout Boy, Yellowcard, Jimmy Eat World, Grinspoon, Blink182, All Time Low, ect (this list Can go on).

Post Rock I believe is the deepest Rock genre out of everything. I don't think that there is as much feeling or emotion in any other genre. The heavy atmosphere, the darkness and the sheer scope of the music is unlike anything I've heard from Rock (atmospheric sludge metal takes this to another level though). I love the way many post Rock artists Can create so much emotion and so much pleasure without using any words. Some of my favourites would have to be Mono, Meniscus (they're from Australia which makes them better ), Kashiwa Daisuke, ect (argh, this list Can go on and on and on...)

Saturday 05 November 2011 - 12:57:48
I think it's gotta be straight psychedelic rock.....heavy psychedelic rock.....or stoner Rock as they call it nowadays.
The heavier and more psychedelic it is, the better!!!!
I dig bands like Hawkwind, Monster Magnet, Acid Witch, Wooden Shjips, The Whirlings, Atomic Bitchwax, 9 Chambers (Ed Mundell's new band), etc.0

Saturday 05 November 2011 - 12:59:30
Oh I forgot Orange Fuzz too 0 0

Saturday 26 November 2011 - 12:46:55

citation :
rockadelic says : I think it's gotta be straight psychedelic rock.....heavy psychedelic rock.....or stoner Rock as they call it nowadays.
I dig bands like Hawkwind, Monster Magnet, Acid Witch, Wooden Shjips, The Whirlings, Atomic Bitchwax, 9 Chambers (Ed Mundell's new band), etc.0

do you think there is such thing as shoegaze rock?

Saturday 03 December 2011 - 19:58:59

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
rockadelic says : I think it's gotta be straight psychedelic rock.....heavy psychedelic rock.....or stoner Rock as they call it nowadays.

do you think there is such thing as shoegaze rock?

What's in a name......it's stoner/hard psychedelia/garage Rock all in one anyway 0 0 0

Monday 09 April 2012 - 20:44:34
So many...
Psychedelic Rock, blues Rock, gothic Rock, alternative Rock, new wave, indie Rock, progressive Rock, hard Rock, folk Rock, ... The only one that I dislike is emocore

Monday 09 April 2012 - 21:14:44
Do anyone knows what's gothabilly ans gothadelic??
Thanks.

Saturday 04 August 2012 - 22:07:28
glam Rock

Wednesday 26 December 2012 - 22:28:39
Pop Punk and Punk Rock. I love bands as All Time Low, Paramore, Yellowcard, You Me At Six, Hey Monday, Tonight Alive, We Are The In Crowd, Billy Talent, Good Charlotte, Green Day, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, Icon For Hire, Panic At The Disco, Simple Plan, The Maine.