Grunge Rock >> Grunge Talk
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 17 September 2011 - 02:55:15
Is that SOSGermany? I bought the new album from Too Late the Hero, also. It's a very good album.

Saturday 17 September 2011 - 03:03:43
Nah, he's not registered on Spirit of Metal

Saturday 17 September 2011 - 05:19:07
Well thank you for bringing that to SoM and thank you for supporting Grunge Talk. I don't feel like getting f'ed around for talking about Grunge on SoM by those jerks in that forum.

Saturday 17 September 2011 - 05:29:28

citation :
hack says : Well thank you for bringing that to SoM and thank you for supporting Grunge Talk. I don't feel like getting f'ed around for talking about Grunge on SoM by those jerks in that forum.

yeah, everyone there isn't bad its a couple of people who ruin it for everyone. And if you don't think like they do, they make sure you have an unpleasent time

ps. I don't think there is anyone moderating these forums so it doesn't matter if you say "fucked" here

Saturday 17 September 2011 - 08:37:16
Yeah, there isn't much happening over here on the English side of SoR. A lot of new Rock albums could be reviewed here like albums from The Foo Fighters, The Cars, Yes, Bush, and 3 Doors Down.

Saturday 01 October 2011 - 14:38:34

citation :
hack says : Yeah, there isn't much happening over here on the English side of SoR. A lot of new Rock albums could be reviewed here like albums from The Foo Fighters, The Cars, Yes, Bush, and 3 Doors Down.

I don't even think that there is much happening on the English side of SoR .

I guess there could be a lot of things to review here... but who's going to do them? (I'm already tied down with the new albums on SoR and I'm not an experience Rock reviewer) 

Friday 23 December 2011 - 23:20:14
Marching Mind have been recording their new album. So I guess that they'll probably release it early next year. They didn't offer many details on their My Space site. But a band member recently made a comment to the SoM review of their debut album.

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Marching_Mind-nom_album-Marching_Mind-l-en.html

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Marching_Mind-nom_album-Marching_Mind-l-en.html

Saturday 31 December 2011 - 08:51:34
They're probably keeping the details of their new album underwraps.

WAIT... they're making a new one!... already?

I'll just ask fivebyfive for some details about this, I think its gonna be sweet!

Saturday 31 December 2011 - 20:22:19
Cool!  Tell us what he says.

Monday 16 July 2012 - 12:06:00

citation :
hack says : Grunge music isn't always so cheery.  Alice In Chains had a darker style of Grunge.  This was one of their biggest hit singles.

I certainly liked Alice In Chains. For me, they were at the top of the list. The video you posted - "Would", is my favorite song by them. 1992's "Dirt' was the first CD of their's that I bought. I was impressed by their darker approach to the genre.

Allmusic.com perfectly describes AIC thusly:

".... the band developed a bleak, nihilistic sound that balanced grinding hard Rock with subtly textured acoustic numbers. They were hard enough for metal fans, yet their dark subject matter and punky attack placed them among the front ranks of the Seattle-based Grunge bands."

After "Dirt" I acquired "Sap" (1992), settling on "Got Me Wrong" as my favorite track.

My favorite track from "Jar of Flies" (1994) was "No Excuses".

I have their "Unplugged" DVD, and all Three of the songs that I've mentioned are perormed flawlessly. The creative and talented duo of Staley and Cantrell ended much too soon.