The Hard Rock Gem Exhibition >> Recent Hard Rock Releases
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 05 September 2012 - 02:13:57
This topic is for chatting about the recent Hard Rock releases.  I'd like to kick this off with a discussion of  Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth, which was released last February.    David Lee Roth rejoined the band to record another full length album, 28 years after the SMASH hit, 1984.  This time around, bassist Michael Anthony went away with Sammy Hagar to  Chickenfoot.  That was probably a  move encouraged by the Van Halen brothers.  So that Eddie's son, Wolfgang, could take over the bass spot.

I think that the album rocks out pretty good, although they've never been able to rise up to the hard rocking form of their 1st 2 albums in my opinion.  Eddie still displays a lot of his guitar talent.  Unlike many of the best vocalists in the Hard Rock business, David's voice isn't fried at all.  He is a class act and rises to the occasion like a fine bottle of wine.  Check out this video and also get a look at Wolfgang.

That video was included with the deluxe package from Itunes, but it seems to be synchronized better than this You Tube offering .      

Thursday 30 January 2014 - 18:43:14
Anything Van Halen with David Lee Roth is alright in any book.
Now -- I cannot seem to start a new topic here, so pardon me:

I want to post about my band Riotgod's upcoming release.Driven•Rise. Riotgod's 3rd CD is coming out February 21st in Europe, March 18th in the US.

Here we are at Wacken. I came here to update our page, I am Sunshine, vocals for Riotgod.

Our Youtube video that does not seem to embed here.

http://youtu.be/jjHTGIv7VkI

Friday 31 January 2014 - 04:40:53
I'll post it, you've got to do it through Firefox.

Riotgod at Wacken 2012

Friday 31 January 2014 - 05:27:31
Anyway I'm posting this with another Message, because it was looking like I'd lose the video if i added anything to that.  Maybe you sound like Queens of the Stone Age.  Your band must be doing very well to perform at Wacken and also to release an album in Europe, before the states.